From small beginings
It started here...
Here at Phil's Emporium, we are committed to investing into peoples lives through practical help. From small beginnings in 2017, when we commenced operating from a very small space behind the Bungendore Anglican Church, we’ve been supporting our community in a variety of ways. The money we raise from selling well priced items enables our work to carry on, both in Bungendore and in Captains Flat. We have achieved so much by working together.
27 Butmaroo St, Bungendore
Phil's Emporium Op Shop is a quaint little op shop located in the Anglican Church Hall in Bungendore. There are many treasures to be found!
Pre-Loved items which include clothes, books, dvds, toys, kitchenware and other interesting treasures. We are a little but cosy op shop!
Captains Treasure, Captains Flat
21 Montgomery St (top end), Captains Flat
Captain's Treasure is an op shop located in the historic Anglican Church in Captains Flat, NSW.
Beneath high wooden beams and stunning stained glass windows, there are homewares, clothes, toys, books, DVDs and plenty more just waiting to be discovered!
Do you share our vision? Why not volunteer to help?
We are always looking for people to join our team of dedicated volunteers. There are a few requirements for the role but please approach us if you have a passion to help our communities in Bungendore or Captains Flat.
How to Op Shop!
Do you go into op shops overwhelmed by the vast array of everything on offer? And promptly leave? Or do you pick up virtually everything (after all, it’s such a bargain!) only to donate it back again, unused and unloved? Yasmin Jeffrey’s article at abc.net provides some tips on how to op shop and find all those original gems that you will actually use, love and keep!
1. Have something in mind when you walk in the store, but throw that all away! That way you’ll be happy when you find something, but also won’t be disappointed by unrealistic expectations. To do that………..
2. Go through the shop section by section, methodically sorting through everything on each rack because…………..
3. You never know what you might find! And that includes those must have, perfect high-waisted striped linen pants…………..
4. Which have a slight stain at the knee. Keep an open mind about how you might alter or up-cycle items - those pants could easily become shorts! Don’t wear shorts? Well…….
5. Don’t be afraid to try on something different that isn’t usually your style. This might be the start of a whole new style, but always, always…………….
6. Only take home what truly resonates with you and that you love! It is these things that will bring a smile years later and most of all………………
7. Have fun op shopping!
Adapted from the following abc.net article accessed 1 March 2021: